What can I say? If you’re in the market for a 1/4″ drive impact socket set that includes swivel (universal) sockets and is made by a super well-known reliable brand then you need to look no further. Plus this set is definitely on sale right now and is PERFECT for the professional mechanic and DIYer alike. I highly recommend grabbing the Sunex Tools 1874 Impact Socket Set, I did some research and found the absolute best price on Amazon here. It is the best 1/4″ Drive Metric and SAE impact socket set on the market right now and is an awesome addition to your toolbox. The fact that it has both SAE and Metric sockets as well means that you will likely be able to use this socket set for anything you encounter on your cars.
What does the Sunex 1874 Socket Set Come With?
74 Piece Set Includes
- Standard Sockets: 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 9/32″, 5/16″, 11/32″, 3/8″, 7/16″, 1/2″, 9/16″, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm
- Deep Sockets: 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 9/32″, 5/16″, 11/32″, 3/8″, 7/16″, 1/2″, 9/16″, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm
- Universal Sockets: 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″, 1/2″, 9/16″, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm
- Internal Star Sockets (Torx): T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30
- 4″ extension, 6″ extension, universal joint, 3/8″ adapter
Benefits of Shallow/Deep/Universal Sockets:
- Shallow Sockets
Shallow sockets are ideal for low clearance applications such as car or motorcycle engine work.
- Deep Sockets
Deep sockets are designed specifically for the installation and removal of lug nuts. The longer socket extends further onto the lug nut for a superior grip.
- Universal Joint (Swivel Sockets)
Tackle hard to reach fasteners with the unique, universal joint which pivots up to 22 degrees.
Remember this a 1/4″ drive socket set, so the reason it does not include the bigger bolt sizes (larger than 15mm) is because for those sizes you should be using a 3/8″ or larger impact wrench. 1/4″ impact wrenches typically are best under 15mm or 9/16″ in SAE. If you’re in the market for an AWESOME cordless 1/4″ ratchet I highly recommend the Milwaukee 1/4″ Fuel Ratchet. Or if you’re more of a budget DIYer then grab this cordless 1/4″ ratchet on Amazon for an amazing price. It isn’t a name brand like Milwaukee, but it has awesome reviews and serve you well.
When buying an impact socket set you need to be considering the brand, warranty, and case. Sunex is an awesome brand, has an awesome warranty, and comes with a hard case. You don’t need to shop anymore for a sweet metric and SAE 1/4″ drive impact set. In fact, Sunex makes a ton of awesome impact sockets, and you can click here to see all of Sunex’s Impact Sockets on Amazon.